The mission of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity for all student-athletes; protecting student-athlete welfare; and fostering a positive student-athlete image.
Morehouse College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Morehouse's SAAC is a student-athlete oriented committee that provides cognitive perception of the NCAA, SIAC, and Morehouse rules, regulations, and policies that affect the welfare of student-athletes at Morehouse College. The committee serves as a liaison between the athletic administration and the at large student-athlete body. In addition, it has accepted the college's commitment to servant leadership via community service and engagement.
The mission of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is to promote a positive and productive image for the student-athletes on the campus of Morehouse College. The SAAC will promote a strong foundation of excellence of and for quality athletes, which will enable the SAAC to be a productive committee within the athletic department.
PurposeThis committee shall:
- Exercise supervision and regulate all matters of common interest to student-athletes on Morehouse College's Campus.
- Develop an effective line of communication between the Maroon Tiger Athletic Department and the student-athlete population.
- Provide suggestions on programs designed to serve the student-athlete population.
- Encourage active participation among all sports in campus and community service projects.
- Design and implement programs that will encourage high scholastic achievement, sound personal health and fitness, and that will promote good moral and ethical conduct.
- Disseminate information about and educate student-athletes on proposed conference and NCAA legislation.