The Student Leadership Ambassadors is a para-professional student staff member that plays a key role in ensuring the leadership opportunities available are planned and delivered in a hybrid capacity with the highest levels of quality and satisfaction by program participants.
The Student Leadership Ambassadors are responsible for assisting in the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the Maurice Washington Emerging Leadership Program, Student Leadership Institute, and LEAD Certificate program. This position ensures a seamless delivery of our leadership development programs which includes project logistics, event planning, and delivery, participants’ communication and ongoing engagement; supporting all aspects of program operations (technology, scheduling, development, etc.); overall promotion and marketing of the programs – including all recruitment related activities, programs promotion during and post-program. This position is required to assist in determining work tactics, resource requirements, and project deliverables as assigned in the areas identified.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by students assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Responsible for managing all program content preparation – creating rosters, brochures, guides, and other appropriate documentation
- Staffing program events including coordinating room set-up and supplies; managing the catering process; and organizing special events such as dinners, tours, and other off-site activities per the various program’s curriculum
- Prepare learning materials including name badges, attendee rosters, facilitator guides, participant packets, program certificates, and handouts in conjunction with the print shop (this includes shipping of materials as applicable)
- Event Management: Manage learning events and sessions.
- Attend in-person and virtual events, meetings, as needed, and coordinate agenda, site logistics, and manage overall experience
- Ensure ongoing and timely communication with program participants (travel arrangements, all details to successfully attend the event, etc.)
- Organize meetings and coordinate all components and people to ensure every aspect of the event is properly planned and effectively executed
- Proactively create, manage and modify processes to efficiently manage all of the above
- Assist in creating marketing and promotional plans and materials to promote and adequately present leadership programs
- Assist in recruiting participants into new cohorts of leadership programs, including promotion and preparation of all adequate marketing materials.
- Support all aspects of the participant selection and onboarding process
- Ensure timely, proactive, and ongoing communication and engagement with program stakeholders throughout the program; Customer Service is of utmost importance to ensure participants have great learning experiences and the successful delivery of program requirements
- Directly accountable to the Associate Dean of Student Life and Leadership for continuously improving leadership development programs, or additional Student Services needs.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating communication channels with participants.
- Effectively use and manage various online platforms used within the programs (e.g. Teams, Zoom, et al.)
- Maintain social media groups such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to secure ongoing relationship building and networking beyond the program life cycle
- Continuously explore new technologies for potential application to worldwide talent management, development, and engagement.
- Completion of the LEAD Certificate program
- 2.8 Cumulative GPA
- At least five years of experience in event planning, project management, and coordination, logistics planning and managing, or a similar role
- Must be able to adjust the schedule and/or work for program in-person and virtual events (most events are evenings and weekends).
- Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer, and internet research skills.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, prioritize and manage workload to ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- Ability to work well with other students, as well as outside speakers and vendors
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.